You see, when we’re born we see the world in an uncomplicated way. We know what we need, and we ask for it. We like nice people, and we don’t like mean people.
As we grow older, we eat and drink to console ourselves, rather than addressing what’s bothering us. We overwork to avoid close relationships, rather than finding people we can trust to form strong bonds with. We hold grudges and we get too far away from our basic human needs. In other words, we complicate things.
Here are ways to uncomplicate
1. Don’t try to read other people’s minds
2. Get up 30 minutes earlier so that you don’t rush/get a ticket while driving too fast/have to explain why you’re late/get fired
3. Stick to your budget
4. Don’t try to be friends with everyone. Cultivate closer relationships with fewer people.
5. Don’t try to do business with everyone. Identify your target client and take very good care of them.
6. Before getting angry, ask yourself if it will really matter in 20 years
7. Focus on being a good person, not on pleasing others
8. Make a weekly menu, and shop for only those items at the market
9. Fill up your gas tank when it’s half full
10. Pay your bills on time
11. For just one day, imagine everyone’s intentions are good because most people’s are
12. When you have a conflict with someone, talk it out. Don’t let it turn into more than it is.
13. Know what your priorities are in life, and act accordingly.
14. Tell the truth
15. If you’re holding on to a ridiculous grudge, let it go
16. Do your best at work, or at school
17. Don’t eat when you aren’t hungry
18. Eat when you are hungry
19. Be yourself
20. Say no unapologetically
21. Cook simple meals
22. Pay off your car before buying a new one
23. Organise your important paperwork
24. Spend your time with nice people
25. Avoid drama
26. Don’t engage in office politics
27. Refuse to gossip, or talk behind other people’s backs
28. Never go to sleep angry
29. Ask nicely for what you need and want
30. Leave work at work
31. Don’t work more than 8 hours per day
32. Don’t look for reasons to be angry or sad, look for reasons to be happy.
33. Be friendly with your neighbours
34. Return emails and phone messages promptly
35. Don’t procrastinate
36. Forgive and forget. End of story.
37. Don’t let your imagination run away with you
38. Let go of perfection in others
39. Let go of perfection in yourself
40. Don’t try to help those that refuse to help themselves
41. Drink more water
42. Don’t make a mountain out of a molehill
43. Finish what you start
44. Allow your children to grow up
45. If a relationship is over, let it go