It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not


15 March 2011

Kids, listen please

There are days I miss running around in the morning preparing breakfast, lunch for my kids, but lately my work day starts at 7:30 a.m. and doesn't end until sometimes late in the evening, very late.  Balancing my family with work can be a challenge and when the days start to blend one into the next without much quality time with my children, especially my 3 boys as I've always spend time shopping and gossiping with my 2 girls.  I start to feel pangs of guilt much like a drum beat that gets louder and louder as the days go by.  


Akid, going 17
Daniel 14 & Imran 12, prefer to settle into the computer  and log onto Facebook and plays Saga which really annoys me.  I prefer them reading the news or reading informative blogs on the net than play the stupid games but it's like sticking a jello on the wall raising kids nowadays.  They never listen and expect me to give in to their needs all the time...


Sometimes, we figure things out in life as we go, find what works and run with it, find what doesn't work and improve on it.


In the meantime, whenever the kids ask permission to log in FB or to go out to the malls with their friends I would just ask them to get the 'yes' or 'no' from their dad... smart strategy? hehehe...for now ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...